Sonny Ngantu is the Director of Operations for Cicero Management Ltd. He was previously a Strategy Consultant and Project Manager for IBM Strategy & Analytics as an Upstream Oil & Gas Maintenance SME. His key areas of expertise is within Operations Excellence and HSE – Specialized in production Optimization and Asset Management with particular emphasis on Maintenance and Reliability. This mainly includes upstream analytics, design and planning to business transformation including Process Reviews, Gap Analysis and Road Map Design and delivery throughout the supply chain.
Within Upstream Operations, Sonny has a strong background in business development and project management as well as design, development and implementation of solutions for planning, production and maintenance and has problem-solved and performance coached operators, supervisors and managers for efficiency improvements, cost and output optimization across the supply chain and in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
Sonny has extensive consulting experience across industry sectors and has a strong record of conducting analysis, designing and delivering successful projects for clients within retail, manufacturing, food, mining and Oil & Gas. This includes initial process mapping, gap analysis covering all faces from planning, execution to measuring and learning ensuring sustainability is delivered after go-live.
Sonny holds an MBA and a BSc in Industrial Technology and Management.
Large Saudi Arabian Company – Project Director
- Co-managed an HSE strategy development and implementation company wide initiative across 7 locations in Saudi Arabia. The project helped reduce the number of incidents and identified risks significantly through the implementation of a comprehensive Safety Management System
Saudi Arabian Oil and Gas Operator – Project Director
- Co-managed an Operational Excellence programme across 13 divisions with HSE strategy and management as a core component
BP (Upstream Oil & Gas) – Sustainable Operations Programme Lead
- Portfolio Lead for the delivery of a suite of 11 business transformation and HSE projects for BP North Sea in Scotland and my target was to identify, set up and create the framework including governance and success criteria for roll-out of the projects in service of North Sea Renewals. Main challenge was program steering and the creation of specific solutions that cut across several functions in a matrix organization with varied accountabilities.
Talisman Energy (Oil & Gas) – Performance Coach and Delivery Project Manager
- Responsible for Performance coaching and delivery of designed planning improvements, production loss elimination and performance management in service of Operational Excellence for all assets in North Sea. Main challenge was to ensure all shifts and personnel were covered in a rotation based work system.
IBM Global Business Services– Senior Strategy Consultant
- Strategy analysis, development and implementation across a wide range of sectors in industry.